Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bring and Brag Fair

Tonight we went to S1's school for the annual "Bring and Brag Fair" - sort of like an extreme version of show and tell.



S1 showed off some of her favorite artwork from home and school (kindergarten to now.)


The little blurb that she wrote up for her display is as follows:

When I was in kindergarten we started art. I soon became very good. When I was in grade one, at Christmastime we made a Santa. Mrs. Ries said mine was the best. When I started drawing for fun, it was Christmas time in grade two. On Christmas day, the first present I opened was a doodle book, from my aunt. I also got a 130 piece art set from my Grandma to make more wonderful works of art!

It was a fun time with lots of interesting displays from very fancy to very simple. There were no prizes except for a random draw for the participants for a gift card so there was no pressure to have an elaborate display. The best part - we were there for an hour including set up and take down. Yay :)

No comments: