Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mother of the Year - that's me...

I am a cruel, unfeeling mother. Just ask my kids. Especially when I'm trying to get S2 to go to sleep on his own. I am not the queen of consistency and therefore I pay the price but I'm working on it. I put S2 down for a nap this morning. He was falling asleep in my arms but as soon as I put him down, he woke up crying. So I let him cry. Checked on him a couple of times and then he was quiet. I knew he was asleep so I waited a couple of minutes longer to make sure he was REALLY asleep. This is what I found:


Luckily the rails are close enough that his head won't fit through. Yoy. I did lay him down properly in the crib and now he's screaming again.

I think our main problem is that Paul and I have fits of nostalgia. We know S2 is our last baby and sometimes we just want to cuddle him. Then there are the times when we just want some peace and quiet without kids (hardy har har) so why can't he just go lay down like the rest of them? Probably when we're old and grey we'll have this parenting thing figured out (hardy har har again).

Guess I better go check on him so he doesn't feel abandoned. I don't want to be cruel and unfeeling.

2 comments:

Miss Me said...

That is such a funny picture...good thing for the padding of the diaper!!!! My kids think I'm such a mean mom too....

Miss ya and love ya!!

Anonymous said...

This happened just last week with Lexi. I was wondering how she was going to turn around in there. Kids are so funny, I could never fall asleep in that position.