Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A treat for me :)

This is the lovely phone I got for myself after Christmas. I accidentally dropped my other phone on the hardwood floor (in Sammy's room when he was sleeping no less) and my inside screen wouldn't work anymore. The phone itself worked but I couldn't see what number I was dialling or what I was texting. Rather difficult to relay my messages to Paul to bring home pop and chocolate for me on his way home from work.

Anyhoo, this phone is totally fun for me. It has an MP3 player so I can be cool and listen to music on the go. It also has a fitness section where I can track my workouts and calorie burning and such (yeah right). The most fun thing I discovered is that I can listen to the radio on my phone!! Yeah - the radio! My headphones act as an antenna. Uh huh. How cool is that? I think it's awesome! How fun for me :)

On to bigger and better (more interesting for you?) things. I know it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I thought I might have more to say but, alas, not so much. We've just been plugging away in the tundra.

E has been doing great at school - she even gets to be exempt from one of her final exams! Her marks are so much better this year. I like high school much better than junior high. Only two more years and she graduates! Let's not talk about that.

M is finally back in the swing of things after being sick for most of December. He's back at hockey and loving it. We have a tournament at the end of the month down south. We're all very excited to go stay at a hotel for a couple of nights. We obviously don't get out much. Thank goodness for hockey :)

S1 is gliding through life with nary a care as always. She's doing great in school and still in the community choir and cheerleading. She's such a girl :)

S2 is growing way too fast. Now that he's crawling, he figures it must be time to pull himself up on everything. We waited forever for him to crawl and now I think he'll be walking before his first birthday in April. Where does the time go?

Paul is still working hard on the trains. When he's not on the trains he's helping at our friends woodpile business making sandbags or bags of wood (you know, the kind you buy for camping). Not easy work but it's good for a couple of extra bucks.

As for me: same old, same old. Trying to keep on top of the chaos without losing my mind. I have to remind myself every once in a while that I have FOUR kids (sometimes I forget). There is going to be some noise and pandemonium. Oh, when I say I forget that I have four kids, I'm not kidding. I have forgotten S2 in the car when we've gone into a restaurant and in the house when we're going out. He's all snug in his car seat and too quiet. He hasn't learned yet that he who yells the loudest, doesn't get forgotten.

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

I totally hear ya with the louder you are....the less you're forgotten. I've forgotten all my kids at least once at some point in their life. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!!